2011 Ironman Lake Placid, Marathon leg, lap #1

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Philadelphia Marathon

This is a must- do race! Great city, very accessible by car, train, plane. Was able to navigate my journey in Philly on foot no problem. 
The race took us through all sorts of picturesque and historic areas.  Even with the addition of a few thousand extra runners from the NYC Marathon, it was hands down the most organized Marathon I have ever run.
Running the race started ok despite multiple mishaps including forgetting my running clothes, slicing open a finger on a staple, my ipod dying. Thingd were OK right on through mile 24-25 where a bout of ischemic colitis hit me like a ton of bricks. I hobbled through that last mile, then gutted out the last "point two" for a final time of around 3:59:58. 
Not my best, but I think I handled all that stuff well...
Now I am officially off season!I have 2 weeks of travel and unstructured workouts to recover before setting my eyes on 2013.
All in all a good year!


Sent with the Samsung Galaxy Exhilarate™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment